3ware CLI

Chris Turner c.turner at 199technologies.org
Thu Jan 24 18:37:28 PST 2008

Dave Hayes wrote:
Am I missing something here, like a dfly specific utility to query the
raid card that's already there?
AFAI know & understand it the only native interface to hardware raid
controllers in all the BSD's is OpenBSD's bioctl(8) - array
managment control is one of those areas that vendors tend towards not
releasing specs for & it was the topic of their 3.8 "hackers of the lost
raid" release.

That being said, I've heard but not seen that some of the proprietary
binary utilities that various vendors make might run somehow under
binary emulation (e.g. linux or freebsd emulation) or similar.
YMMV as they say - this is based on secondhand words & might not even
be based on dragonfly related hearsay.

Others on the list might / probably have more experiences they can chime
in on.. still stuck in ATA softraidland for df boxen here..