Patch for inode SLIST conversion

Michael Neumann mneumann at ntecs.de
Wed Jan 30 03:28:14 PST 2008

Matthew Dillon wrote:
:That's the perfect solution!
:
:Patch appended. _lwkt_trytokref needs the same change, as it might
:acquire the token as well. I think setting lastref = NULL in
:lwkt_reltoken is also not absolutely neccessary, but it's not wrong
:either, so I did it.
:
:Regards,
:
:   Michael

> [...]
    This will require some surgery, would you like to have a go at it?
    Despite the work needed it won't actually complicate the code any more,
    it's more on the order of a rearrangement.
Definitively :)

I am working on it. I had to become familiar with the LWKT scheduling
code first. I like it's conceptual simplicity/elegance. While reading
the code I noticed that one thing that makes the whole code harder to
read is all those "#if SMP" lines. Everytime you have to flip a switch
in your mind (my changes won't change that).

Regards,

  Michael