cvs commit: src/usr.bin Makefile src/usr.bin/pkg_radd Makefile pkg_radd.1 pkg_radd.sh

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Sat Jan 5 18:29:08 PST 2008

On Sat, January 5, 2008 6:44 pm, Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:

> I know, I'd like to use it.  It does matter that it is a make file,
because I can't source is from shell.

Oh, I see now.  It's a specific benefit for working without a pkgsrc tree.
 How common is this scenario?  I worry that we're creating extra utilities
to support a relatively uncommon scenario.

>> http://www.dragonflybsd.org/cvsweb/src/nrelease/root/etc/mk.conf
>
> That's the livecd etc, default /etc doesn't contain a mk.conf.

I just installed a 1.10.1 system in qemu - mk.conf is installed in
/usr/pkg/etc/mk.conf, so it is available.

So, we can use a bin-install target for people who keep a pkgsrc tree on
disk, and pkg_radd for those who do now.

Wandering off to the other part that people have mentioned, how about
pkg_radd.conf?  Or for that matter, ~/.pkg_radd.conf?  pkgsrc is getting
closer to supporting non-root installations.