sendmail 8.14 has a serious memory corruption bug in it

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Fri Feb 22 11:15:42 PST 2008

:So when is DMA gonna replace Sendmail for local mail delivery? Sendmail is in
:pkgsrc and shouldnt be in the base system. Likewise we should dump everythign
:that doesn't need to be there and is in pkgsrc. I think...

    Eventually it will.  Not in this release.  DMA still needs considerable
    work to be able to handle necessary local delivery options.  It really
    depends on the authors but if the issues can be squared away it's a
    possibility for 2.0.

					<dillon at backplane.com>