Globbing (was Re: HAMMER update 10-Feb-2008)

Ben Cadieux ben.cadieux at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 22:01:50 PST 2008

> >  > > I don't see ANY reason why to increase it.  There is simply NO
> >  > > POINT in doing so.  It will ALWAYS be a limit.  Limit keeps being
> >  > > limit, thus no change in limit necessary, as it doesn't change the
> >  > > situation.  QED.
>
> I will choosing to increase the limit rather than poke to Linux folks to
> change their scripts. Most of time, they will saying that these scripts
> work just fine on Linux, so fix your BSD.

There isn't much sense in fixing what isn't broken to appease the will
of the crowd...otherwise we'd end up with a Linux kernel.  That
doesn't sound too appealing now does it? :)

Though, I'm not sure increasing it would be such a bad idea --- purely
as a matter of convenience as hard drives continually grow in capacity
and speed.