pkgsrc quarterly update on the way

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Feb 5 22:09:50 PST 2008

:If the answer to that is yes, I was thinking I'd take the existing 2007Q3
:binaries and put them in
:/packages/previous_pkgsrc_release/DragonFly-1.10.1/i386/.  This does eat
:up more disk space and bandwidth for the mirrors.
:
:Also: are there any ABI changes that will mess up 1.10 binaries on a 2.0
:system?

    We should take this opportunity to name the quarterly pkgsrc
    directory after the quarter, e.g. 2007Q3, 2008Q1, and so forth,
    and then just have a softlink pointing to the 'latest'.

    Ultimately we are going to want to keep several quarters online,
    hence needing the new naming scheme.  But I don't think we have to
    worry about that this release.  I'd scrap it.

					<dillon at backplane.com>