vkernel manager

Chris Turner c.turner at 199technologies.org
Sat Feb 9 08:41:36 PST 2008

Aggelos Economopoulos wrote:

Working with vkernels involves a lot of vnconfig, mount, installworld etc
commands and there's always the posibility that you'll try to write to
a filesystem that is in use by a running vkernel. Some months ago I was
using a set of scripts to help with managing vkernel instances and
diskimages. I took some time to convert them to a single script and expand
them a bit (probably adding some bugs in the process). I suppose other
people have their own scripts; if so, please share them.
your's is much cleaner than mine .. so I won't share.

there was some discussion a few months ago about switching the
vkernel main() over to using a config file in .ini format -
I hoped to get to that during this release but didn't make it -
hopefully next time
in any case, just thought I'd mention it..

Thanks,

- Chris