1.12 Branching complete

Michael Neumann mneumann at ntecs.de
Tue Feb 12 08:20:44 PST 2008

Jasse Jansson wrote:
On Feb 12, 2008, at 11:42 AM, Michael Neumann wrote:

Matthew Dillon wrote:
    1.12 has been branched!  I've done a rough nrelease build with HEAD
    but haven't tested that a nrelease build with 1.12 produces the
correct
    version information yet.  Other then that it went pretty smoothly.
What I'd like to see for the release is that it ships with a kernel
where USB is completely disabled (I mean as an addition to GENERIC).
Otherwise it's just unusable on my laptop :(
Or is there a boot sysctl to disable USB completely?

Have you tried to boot without any USB devices attached ???
That helps me in some cases.
Yes, I tried it. No USB devices attached. But it hangs! Maybe there are
some internal USB devices like fingerprint-sensor. But I disabled USB
from the BIOS. But that makes no difference (kernel panics). The
only way I can boot is to disable USB completely.

Regards,

  Michael