commit to stuffs under src/contrib

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Sun Dec 14 14:32:03 PST 2008

Sascha Wildner wrote:
Simon 'corecode' Schubert schrieb:
Sepherosa Ziehau wrote:
Hi all,

What's the "standard" to change stuffs under that dirs?  I plan to
patch libpcap-0.9/pcap.h and drop libpcap-0.9/pcap-bpf.h
Just commit to master as you like.

I'll follow up with detailed contrib/ instructions tomorrow.

Basically:  local changes just get committed to master, new imports
(without modifications) go to the vendor/ branch and that branch then
gets merged into master.
Same applies to sys/contrib?
To any directory which has a vendor branch (crypto/ for instance).  There
are several directories which have been inherited from freebsd.  These
don't have vendor branches and don't need "special" treatment until we
replace them by pristine vendor imports.

cheers
  simon
--
  <3 the future  +++  RENT this banner advert  +++   ASCII Ribbon   /"\
  rock the past  +++  space for low €€€ NOW!1  +++     Campaign     \ /