Asus EEE, acpi and nata driver

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Fri Dec 19 22:19:34 PST 2008

:Hi All.
:
:Some update of status.
:
:After updating acpica to acpica-20081204 and reincluding acpi_pcix_xx.c
:  to acpi module, I can achieve booting in normal mode with ehci driver.
:It is a big advantage, because all usb devices now working with HiSpeed
:rates.
:But there is some caveats: Support of /dev/pci device and pciconf(8) is

    Where can we get our hands on the code to help test?

    On the NATA issue, as far as I can tell all the calls to ata_udelay()
    are from the ata reset code, meaning they are not in the critical path.
    Theoretically we can use tsleep() there because device configuration is
    far enough along in the boot process for tsleep() to work.  I am not
    absolutely positive though and would like to test that change more
    broadly.  I will commit the nata changes for that purpose.

    DELAY() is supposed to be reliable, other problems may crop up if it's
    been broken by the acpica timer API.

					<dillon at backplane.com>