NTFS fails

Matthias Schmidt matthias at dragonflybsd.org
Thu Dec 11 04:12:25 PST 2008

He,

* Sdävtaker wrote:
> Hey,
> I keep installing DFBSD here and there and found a problem in an specific setup.
> It doesnt like WV64 (like everyone else...). It fails to mount_ntfs
> WV64 FSs, it doesnt show an error message, just "mounts" and show an
> empty directory.
> I remember it worked with WXP FSs and W2k FSs.
> I tried to mount it with freebsd7 and it worked.
> Is it too hard to port from FBSD? If someone give me some leads maybe

Besides porting the FreeBSD NTFS driver (which allows only read-only access
IIRC), you could try to port FUSE to DragonFly.  With NTFS-3g there is an
excellent FUSE-driver for reading/writing NTFS available.  Looking into the
pkgsrc port (filesystems/fuse) and FreeBSD specific patches could be a
starting point.

Regards

	Matthias