PXE (NFS2) broken on DragonFly?

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Tue Aug 5 23:20:02 PDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 05, 2008 at 04:48:42PM -0500, Pedro F. Giffuni wrote:
> Matthew Dillon wrote:
> >
> >    I usually PXE boot test boxes with the TFTP loader.  Once the loader
> >    straps into the kernel the kernel itself has no problem booting via
> >    NFSv3.
>
> TBH, I haven't use PXE to boot, but for some people the TFTP loader
> doesn't work too well  :(.

There are long standing open PRs in FreeBSD about the TFTP stuff:

This one comes to mind; it is the main reason for slow tftp boots:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=bin/67550

I have no idea of the state of DragonFly's tftp implementation, but it is
certainly worth a look.

--
Francois Tigeot