Working with files on HAMMER fs

Matthias Schmidt matthias at dragonflybsd.org
Thu Apr 10 07:53:24 PDT 2008

* Matthias Schmidt wrote:

> A final "ls" broke the machine.  No clue if its related to hammer,
> because I have no physical access to the machine ATM.  Will look
> at the crash later and post logs/dump if available.

OK, the machine is back up, but unfortunately I got no core dump.
The dump process got stuck and no dump was written.  The panic is as
follows:

mp_lock = 00000001; cpuid = 1; lapic.id = 01000000
fault virtual address   = 0x0
fault code              = supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer     = 0x8:0xc02b5525
stack pointer           = 0x10:0xdeaf1978
frame pointer           = 0x10:0xdeaf1984
code segment            = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
= DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags        = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0

current process         = 754 (csh)
<- SMP: XXX
trap number             = 12
panic: page fault