ugen(4) and poll(2)

Hasso Tepper hasso at estpak.ee
Thu Apr 24 15:42:58 PDT 2008

I'm in trouble to get some usb(4) devices working here. Devices are
attached as ugen(4) and are driven by userspace (libusb) drivers/daemons.

As far as I can see what happens is that daemon opens ugen(4) device
correctly and starts to poll(2) interrupt endpoint of the device (devices
have single interface). The trouble is that poll(2) seems to ignore
timeout. It doesn't return until there is data available in the
descriptor. Ie I can make poll(2) to return with poking device, but till
then it blocks.

Before I dig deep into areas I'm not familiar with ... Any ideas why and
where it might happen? Anyone seen something like this?

--
Hasso Tepper