URGENT: [diagnostic] cache_lock: blocked on 0xda5265a8 ""

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Sep 3 10:43:48 PDT 2007

:>     Ok, this is actually good.  You've given me information I didn't have
:>     before, i.e. the fact that you pulled the USB stick and unmounted
:>     the drive on the server while client mounts were still present.
:
:Well I didnt pull the stick or umount it on purpose. the freebsd box which
:is the nfs server sometimes spontaneously restarts, and i dont auto-mount
:the backup drive during start up. so before i notice the server restarted
:some processes will already get stuck.
:
:petr

    The server is still exporting /backup after the restart, before the stick
    gets mounted?  That would definitely lead to problems because it would
    suddenly be exporting a filesystem with a different FSID.

    I should have time to reproduce this thing today and hopefully at least
    make the clients return an I/O error.

					<dillon at backplane.com>