finally have the amd64/pc64 kernel linked

Noah yan noah.yan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 08:41:47 PDT 2007

Finally have the kernel for amd64/pc64 linked and pushed on the git
branch (http://repo.or.cz/w/dragonfly/port-amd64.git). will check in
cvs soon.

two questions. the loader: look like it is ported on amd64 and able to
load an ELF64 kernel. Hope that is true. I am setting up a simics
simulator for a hammer. but it panic when booting from the dfly-1.10.1
iso. so is there issues running x86-32 dfly on an x86-64 machine? It
should not and this may be just the problem of simics.

the sys/emulation: it is commented out in Makefile.modules in my build
and even sources are included (mainly from freebsd), build is not
successful and requires some re-structure of the makefile. that should
not be an issue?

any idea?
Noah