URGENT: [diagnostic] cache_lock: blocked on 0xda5265a8 ""

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sun Sep 9 10:48:01 PDT 2007

:Hi Matt,
:You were correct its related to /dev/fd. I wasnt able to reproduce the
:panic without fdesc mounted on /dev/fd. and guess what, spamd seems to
:work without it anyway.
:
:Are you going to committ the first patch you made for me?
:
:Petr

    There is a /dev/fd directory for when /dev/fd isn't mounted which
    duplicates some of the functionality, it may be enough for spamd.

    I will take a look at /dev/fd and see if there are any obvious
    bugs.

					<dillon at backplane.com>