HAMMER filesystem update - design document

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu Oct 11 10:21:31 PDT 2007

:Matthew Dillon <dillon at apollo.backplane.com> writes:
:>	mkfilesystem /hammer/my_source_backup
:>	replicate /elsewhere/my_source /hammer/my_source_backup
:
:What if I want to backup the entire change history of the filesystem? :)
:------
:Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave at jetcafe.org
:>>> The opinions expressed above are entirely my own <<<

    Replication will back up the entire change history of the filesystem
    as long as the replicator gets to the data in question before the
    originating filesystem's retention policy destroys the data (which will
    be typical).

					<dillon at backplane.com>