HAMMER filesystem update - design document

Bill Hacker wbh at conducive.org
Thu Oct 11 01:49:34 PDT 2007

Michael Neumann wrote:
This post by Matt went off-list, but I think should go to the list as well.

*snip*

    A HAMMER-aware database would be able to store its records using the
    key space directly.  It opens up some intriguing possibilities.
                        <dillon at backplane.com>
. .. including implementing a ZFS-like DB/fs crossbreed *ATOP* HAMMER.

Or a Venti workalike (surpassed already on feature-set, but not storage
efficiency AFAICS).

IF one really wanted to do either badly enough.  And had a need.

Too complicated for my taste, but PostgreSQL data store might be another matter
entirely.

Bill