Accept serialization

Dave Hayes dave at jetcafe.org
Wed Oct 10 23:46:39 PDT 2007

Forgive me if this has been beaten to death here or in other forums.

In apache 1.3 you can set SINGLE_LISTEN_UNSERIALIZED_ACCEPT to tell
apache not to put some sort of mutex around the accept() call. This
mutex was ostensibly required so that apache's multiple process
children did not wake up on each request from the kernel.

Is this kind of mutex still necessary in DFly? If not, why not?

Thanks in advance.
------
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave at jetcafe.org

If you have the idea of superiority and are proud of your
ability, this is a disaster.