HAMMER filesystem update - design document

Gergo Szakal bastyaelvtars at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 15:00:53 PDT 2007

I am asking some questions from the user's point of view. Sorry if it
is covered in the document, I may have overlooked it.

So, the filesystem is going to be the volume manager as well (like in
ZFS), right? Will filesystems strictly be bounded to 'partitions' or
'slices'?

Another question: will this mirroring capability allow for an FS-level
RAID like RAIDZ? I wonder whether the filesystem can be extended so it
can achieve this.

Disclaimer: yes, those are ZFS features which I am asking about, bot
no, I don't want a cluster-friendly ZFS ripoff, just asking.

--
Gergo Szakal MD <bastyaelvtars at gmail.com>
University Of Szeged, HU

/* Please do not CC me with replies, thank you. */