ACPI / SATA / FFS - truncated directories, etc.

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sat Oct 27 12:08:54 PDT 2007

:So, I'll either:
:
:a) try to reproduce w/o vinum
:
:   (recalling the 'fun' had with vinum recently I'm now trying
:    to fix any vinum issues I find myself as a courtesy
:    to everyone else :)
:
:b) try to reproduce w/HEAD
:
:or some combination of both, probably starting with 'a'. Incidentally,
:the other machine ran for a bit more than a day and did a full bulk on
:the same hardware / partitioning / etc. with vinum enabled, acpi off,
:and PATA legacy mode.

    Definitely try it without vinum.  I recall we had another bug report
    about vinum corrupting unrelated filesystems and I don't think I was
    ever able to track it down.