dcons_crom and bus_generic_identify_sameunit()

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Fri Oct 26 20:55:49 PDT 2007

:Hello,
:tried to play with dcons_crom a bit. I'm not sure
:bus_generic_identify_sameunit() is apropriate for it; the parent device (the
:bus is always in state DS_ATTACHED so bus_generic_identify_sameunit() returns
:without doing anything. Using a dcons_crom_identify() that unconditionally
:does  a BUS_ADD_CHILD() (similar to the one removed in r1.3 of dcons_crom.c)
:allows me to use dcons_crom as expected. Don't know if this is the correct
:fix though...
:
:Aggelos

    Hmm.   dcons doesn't get a lot of use, I'm not surprised that it's
    semi-broken.  What exactly isn't working?  Is it not attaching it
    properly?

					<dillon at backplane.com>