Bluetooth stack

Dmitry Komissaroff dxi at mail.ru
Fri Nov 30 05:00:37 PST 2007

В письме Fri, 30 Nov 2007 12:16:22 +0200, Hasso Tepper
написал:

>> > Details, please? Why patching is necessary etc.
>> Because openobex and obexftp need BlueZ from Linux to enable Bluetooth
>> functionality. I create this patch, but it very dirty...
>
> Mkay. How NetBSD handles this situation? Or obex doesn't work at all there?
Bluetooth part of openobex just don't compile, because configure can't
find BlueZ libraries and not setting flag. Soem situation with
FreeBSD. IMHO. With some time I clean my patch and send it to developers
of openobex.

>> > I'd recommend looking at bthcid code before introducing dependency of
>> > proplib and/or hcsecd in FreeBSD. AFAIK the only functionality you
>> > will loose with direct port of old bthcid, is the ability to match
>> > local addresses. Not critical IMHO.
>> bthcid store keys for paired devices on disk and when new request
>> coming it open file and read key from it. It's very usefull option,
>> because not need to enter pin code every time, when some connection
>> happend.
>
> I know. I meant that there is possibilities to take either older bthcid
> from NetBSD CVS or hcsecd from FreeBSD and port this one instead of
> latest bthcid from NetBSD. The port isn't trivial in either cases -
> bthcid uses libevent we don't have in the base (seems that we are the
> only BSD without this?) and FreeBSD (obviously) netgraph.
I think, I take part, which parse key's file from FreeBSD's hcsecd.

P.S. May be include libevent in system source tree? Because not only
bthcid use this lib. And, may be, snprintb() include too?

P.S.S I take new sdpd from NetBSD cvs. It work fine now. Thanks for
prompt.