Is there analog of `softint_establish and co.` in DFly kernel?

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu Nov 29 12:12:20 PST 2007

:I'm playing a bit with mechanism (register_swi(), unregister_swi() and
:sched_ithd()). It work, but it not applicable for widely usage, because
:number of SWI_XXX slots very limited. To example, someone want create
:some driver and use for sending data to device function, called by
:software interrupt. Today, this someone must change kernel sources at
:least in <sys/interrupt.h> to add define of new SWI_XXX. If not to do
:this, there is risk, to use number of softint, used someone else...

    Well, the main reason for that is that the whole concept of a
    software interrupt isn't really applicable any more.  It's easier
    to just create a high priority kernel thread and send a message to
    the thread.  There are a ton of places in DragonFly where we do that
    now.

					<dillon at backplane.com>