Building bwi(4)

Chris Turner c.turner at 199technologies.org
Mon Nov 5 19:56:40 PST 2007

Sepherosa Ziehau wrote:

> It is not supported (no reverse engineering document).  But you can
> try adding the PCI ids into the driver.  If there is 802.11 MAC, 11b/g
> PHY and 2050 RF things may work.

Thanks for the info..

for the record, this chip did not work after a simple pcidevs
update with error as follows

bwi0: <Broadcom BCM43XNM 802.11 Wireless Lan> [tentative] irq 11 at
device 0.0 on pci7
pcib5: device bwi0 requested unsupported memory range 0x0-0xffffffff
(decoding 0x0-0x0, 0x0-0x0)
bwi0: 0x4000 bytes at rid 0x10 res 3 failed (0, 0xffffffff)
bwi0: can't allocate IO memory
device_probe_and_attach: bwi0 attach returned 6

I'll try to keep checking the status on their spec 'engineering' page
here & there and if I  see anything promising will take a crack at it.

Thanks,

- Chris