2.0 installer integration

Dave Hayes dave at jetcafe.org
Fri May 25 13:08:18 PDT 2007

Matthew Dillon <dillon at apollo.backplane.com> writes:
>     If you have a problem getting a HEAD machine together to do development
>     I would be happy to set up an environment on leaf.dragonflybsd.org
>     for you.  I'd rather not spend the time MFC'ing the stuff to 1.8 (though
>     that doesn't prevent other people from doing so).

Thanks for the offer. For my purposes, I'm locked on 1.8 as a target
for this CD since it will be in semi-production here in a couple
weeks.

Nevertheless, I'm probably going to check out HEAD and build a vkernel on
it (can I run a HEAD vkernel on a 1.8 machine?) just to play with this
feature. It sure would be nice to test the installer from the ISO I am
burning.

I'd also like to give kudos to those who wrote the installer, it is
much more of a joy to work with than FreeBSD's old 4.X one.

Finally, does it make sense to still use the term "MFC"? There's
no -current to merge from anymore. Maybe use 'MFH'? ;)
------
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave at jetcafe.org

The treasure house within you contains everything, and you
are free to use it. You don't need to seek outside.