2.0 installer integration

Dave Hayes dave at jetcafe.org
Fri May 25 12:56:40 PDT 2007

Matthew Dillon <dillon at apollo.backplane.com> writes:
>     Does anyone know any pfi.conf magic we can specify to have it not
>     use multiple virtual screens?

All that code is bourne shell in /usr/local/bin/installer. It's
probably easy to make it not use 'vidcontrol' and stick to one
virtual terminal. The relevant code is:

                if grep -q dfuife_curses /tmp/ps.txt; then
                        # Frontend is already running.
                else
                        ESCDELAY=$pfi_curses_escdelay \
                            /usr/local/sbin/dfuife_curses \
                                -r $RENDEZVOUS \
                                -t $pfi_dfui_transport \
                                -b /usr/local/share/dfuife_curses/fred.txt \
                            2>/dev/ttyv0 </dev/ttyv1 >/dev/ttyv1 &
                fi
                rm -f /tmp/ps.txt
                sleep 1
                vidcontrol -s 2
                $pfi_backend -r $RENDEZVOUS -t $pfi_dfui_transport \
                    2>/tmp/backend.err
                RESULT=$?
                sleep 1
                killall dfuife_curses
                vidcontrol -s 1

So it's just a matter of getting the installer shell script to realize
it's on a vkernel.
------
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave at jetcafe.org

Words, as is well known, are great foes of reality.
                                    --Joseph Conrad