reboot from vkernel now works in HEAD

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon May 28 20:36:00 PDT 2007

:On Sun, May 27, 2007 at 04:54:29PM -0700, Matthew Dillon wrote:
:>     I was getting annoyed at having to hit a few keys, wait a bit, and hit
:>     a few more keys to restart my virtual kernel environment, so I made
:>     'reboot' work inside the virtual kernel.  OMG this is so cool.  I don't
:>     even need to leave the vkernel's console open any more, it feels like
:>     just another machine in the machine room and it only takes 18-28 seconds
:>     to 'reboot'... just enough time to get out of my chair and stretch!
:>
:
:Does this mean I can rebuild my vkernel and a 'reboot' will load the
:new vkernel?
:
:Joe

    If the vkernel you are running is the binary you just rebuilt, yup!
    It is very convenient.

					<dillon at backplane.com>