possible race on HEAD?

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Fri May 11 12:15:37 PDT 2007

: _lwkt_gettokref
:mp_lock =3D 00000000; cpuid =3D 0; lapic.id =3D 00000000
:boot() called on cpu#0
:Uptime: 1d19h17m16s
:
:And then it hard locked on me...had to power cycle.
:
:--Peter

    Ok, we have two debugging choices for when this happens again:

    (1) Debug it while the system is live.  If you want to give me
	access when it happens again I can send you my ssh key and
	I can try to debug the problem while the system is live.

    (2) Disable filesystem syncing before doing the panic.

	sysctl kern.sync_on_panic=0

	(or 'w sync_on_panic 0' from ddb> before panicing)

	Hopefully this will allow the panic to get to the kernel core
	dump.

    Meanwhile I'll start running cvsup on my test box to try to reproduce
    the problem.

					<dillon at backplane.com>