Google SoC 2007 details

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Fri Mar 9 09:13:50 PST 2007

:How about improving the journaling code?  The existing
:implementation (according to mountctl(8) and jscan(8))
:seems to be in its infancy, but hasn't seen updates for
:quite a while now (unless I missed them).
:
:Best regards
:   Oliver
:
:--
:Oliver Fromme,  secnetix GmbH & Co. KG, Marktplatz 29, 85567 Grafing

    I think the journaling code may have gone as far as it is possible
    to go in that layer.  The next evolution will be to have a native
    snapshot capability integrated into the filesystem itself, and this
    is one of the main things the new filesystem will implement.

    The current journaling code is probably going to turn into an audit
    feature of some sort.