Decision time.... should NATA become the default for this release?

km b kmb810 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 02:22:41 PDT 2007

On 6/1/07, Matthew Dillon <dillon at apollo.backplane.com> wrote:

   So I'm asking all developers running HEAD who have not already started
   using the NATA driver to start using it instead of the ATA driver.
   Lets give it a good whack!
Am not a developer. though I'd like to say a couple of things about
the stability of NATA driver. With the old ATA driver, I was never
able to get DMA working on my laptop's SATA controller. However, I
have switched to the NATA driver since it became available and haven't
noticed any problem as of yet. It just works and I haven't seen any
random segfaults at all. I am running SMP system without APIC_IO.
cheers
kmb
--
Something is wrong up on cloud # 9!