implemented features (Re: Decision time....)

Steve O'Hara-Smith steve at sohara.org
Mon Jun 4 03:00:56 PDT 2007

On 04 Jun 2007 08:45:18 GMT
Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd120 at gmail.com> wrote:

> DragonFly was forked from FreeBSD-4 because of dissatisfaction with
> FreeBSD 5's approach to many things, including SMP.  But nothing
> visible to the user seems completed yet, especially not SMP.  And it
> looks like it won't be completed for 2.0 either.

	I'd count filesystem journaling as complete (modulo the patch to
implement jscan -o which is lurking in submit@). I've been using it for
several months now to mirror data that I care about between two boxes.

	Checkpointing and varsyms are also user visible and complete.

	Much has happened under the hood without becoming user visible
which is in itself impressive.