Decision time.... should NATA become the default for this release?

Sepherosa Ziehau sepherosa at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 21:26:39 PDT 2007

On 6/3/07, Matthew Dillon <dillon at apollo.backplane.com> wrote:
:If I commented out PCI_MAP_FIXUP, NATA's atacpi0 will use same IO port
:as old ATA.  But I got "init: fatal signal: Segmentation fault"
:
:Best Regards,
:sephe
    I'm a little confused.  What happens when PCI_MAP_FIXUP is specified?
When PCI_MAP_FIXUP is specified, the related dmesg is:
http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/kernel/2007-06/msg00013.htm
The errors when booting the NATA kernel with PCI_MAP_FIXUP option are:
Mounting root from ufs:/dev/ad0s3a
pid 2 (sh), uid 0: exited on signal 11
Jun  2 06:15:26 init: /bin/sh on /etc/rc terminated abnormally, going to single
user mode
Enter full pathname of shell or RETURN for /bin/sh:
pid 3 (sh), uid 0: exited on signal 11
Jun  2 06:15:38 init: single user shell terminated, restarting
Enter full pathname of shell or RETURN for /bin/sh:
Best Regards,
sephe
--
Live Free or Die