Decision time.... should NATA become the default for this release?

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Fri Jun 1 11:06:32 PDT 2007

    I still want all the dmesg output for both NATA and ATA boots (well,
    at least the atapci, ata, and ad lines).  I am interested not only in
    the controller it detects, but also the DMA mode it detects and whether
    it detects an old style cable or not.

    Go into your BIOS SETUP and force the DMA mode to UDMA33 (UDMA mode 2),
    and see if you still get core dumps and such when you boot with NATA.
    (but I need to know the dmesg output without the BIOS DMA setting forced
    down, so extract the dmesg lines first).