OpenSound - was Re: lockmgr patch

Yury Tarasievich yury.tarasievich at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 02:14:34 PDT 2007

On 15/06/07, Hasso Tepper <hasso at estpak.ee> wrote:
. ..
I'm also a bit sceptical about future of OpenSound. I don't think that
OpenSound is relevant any more in Linux, they have alsa which _is_
superior than OSS. It's also clear that 4Front has intention to move
development into community (see "Possible projects for contributors"
http://developer.opensound.com/opensource_oss/). Will it work at all?
We (DragonFly) don't have resources (yet) to maintain sound drivers, so
we have to rely on community regarding this.
So, I wouldn't rush to make decisions regarding this.
Are there any other viable and widely-accepted options, w/r to the
sound subsystem?
---