Future of the netgraph in DragonFly?

Alexander Motin mav at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jun 2 06:48:14 PDT 2007

Hello.

As current developer and maintainer of the net/mpd4 (Multi-link PPP
daemon for FreeBSD) project I would like to know DragonFly team ideas of
the netgraph subsystem future. It looks frozen since it was branched
from FreeBSD 4.x.
I am not DragonFly user and currently have no interests there, but
during long time there are many DragonFly support ifdefs exists in mpd
sources. As FreeBSD 4.x is officially out of support it becomes annoying
to be limited by it's requirements and I would like to remove that
compatibility sometimes.
Is the mpd project is interesting for DragonFly users? Should I keep
hope that DragonFly will be updated to be in sync with FreeBSD netgraph
at least in basic netgraph functionality or I will have to remove all
DragonFly quirks from the code?
The least thing I need this moment is the NG_NODELEN and other constants
updating and somebody who could from time to time test new mpd version
with DragonFly and maintain it ports/packages.
--
Alexander Motin