Branching CVS for 1.10 on wednesday

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Jul 16 12:48:48 PDT 2007

:Did you look at this bug:
:
:<http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org/issue726>
:
:There are quite some issues left, I think.
:
:cheers
:  simon
:
:--
:Serve - BSD     +++  RENT this banner advert  +++    ASCII Ribbon   /"\

			vinum blows up when using 'vinum start', but I think
			it blew up in the last release too.  I have no idea
			why, sifting through the vinum code is really hard.

			Maybe we should just disable 'vinum start', but
			there's still an issue with your vinum root not
			being able to write configs back and maybe not even
			being able to boot without adding a bootenv variable
			to tell vinum which exact device to load its config
			from.

			I could re-enable the code which makes the label
			area writeable JUST for this release, but we can't
			leave it that way.  vinum is making all sorts of
			crazy assumptions with regards to disk layout.

			down.  I have no idea where to start.

			check?

			be run on a slice (e.g. s0).  Raw devices do not do
			any snooping.