Release branching complete

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Jul 24 15:38:08 PDT 2007

    1.10 has been branched.  HEAD is now 1.11.  2.0 is slated for the end of
    the year.

    I finished testing USB booting.  There is one outstanding issue where
    preloading EHCI causes the system to fail to attach the USB drives during
    boot, but otherwise it works if your BIOS supports booting from a USB
    hard drive.

    I will try to resolve the ehci issue before release but it isn't high
    priority.

    Now that we have branched the release is tentatively scheduled for
    Friday.  We used almost the entire month to clean up for this release
    but it is looking really quite nice from where I stand.

    Sometime wednesday I will do some dummy upgrades from 1.8 to 1.10 on
    my test boxen to poke around and check whether all the upgrading issues
    have been ironed out.

					<dillon at backplane.com>