AMD64 port

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Mon Jul 16 11:18:15 PDT 2007

Matthew Dillon wrote:
:However, there is not much point in that unless you also build some libraries, at least libgcc.a.  And for those we'd need the right kernel headers.
:
:Plus, what's the gain?  I can see the use on a 64 bit system, however.
:
:cheers
:  simon
    It looks like just creating a subdirectory for each architecture
    would be sufficient, e.g. /usr/lib/gcc34/i386/libgcc.a instead of
    /usr/lib/gcc34/libgcc.a.
    But that sort of change is not something I'd want to do for this
    release, it would have to be post-release.
yah, so we should push all cross compiling stuff after the release.

cheers
 simon