Page Fault on 1.6 in VMWare

Thomas E. Spanjaard tgen at netphreax.net
Tue Jan 16 06:33:52 PST 2007

Mischa Peters wrote:
Not sure if this is the correct list, if not just let me know.
Try bugs@, threads get recorded there and assigned a bug idea, making
tracking bugs easier (there's an accompanying web interface on
http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org).

FYI, I just got a page fault in DragonFlyBSD 1.6 running as a VMWare
instance.

Machine is a SuperMicro P4-3Ghz, 2G ram.
Host is Ubuntu 6.06 with vmware server 1.0.1.
DragonFly df.xxx.xx 1.6.0-RELEASE DragonFly 1.6.0-RELEASE #3: Sun Jul
23 15:59:02 PDT 2006     root@:/home/usr.obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

fault virtual address    = 0x200014
fault code                = supervisor read, page not present
instructor pointer        = 0x8:0xc043ce1d
stack pointer            = 0x10:0xd42edbf0
frame pointer            = 0x10:0xd42edbf8
code segment            = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                        = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags        = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process            = 86201 (cron)
kernel: type 12 trap, code=0
Stopped at        vm_page_lookup+0x2a:    cmpl        %ecx,0x14(%edx)
Could you provide a backtrace ('trace' in ddb) and perhaps a coredump?

Cheers,
--
        Thomas E. Spanjaard
        tgen at netphreax.net