VKernel progress update - 9 Jan 2006

Kevin L. Kane kevin.kane at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 11:39:19 PST 2007

    The linux code is fairly opaque.  It is almost universally without any
    code comments so I am not sure whether they are using a real page table
    (requiring UML to run as root), or whether they are using a virtualized
    page table like we are (which allows us to run without needing root
    creds).  Inquiring minds want to know!
  Based on reading this page:  http://user-mode-linux.sourceforge.net/run.html

UML does NOT need to be run as root.

-Kevink