VKernel progress update - 9 Jan 2006

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Jan 10 10:31:25 PST 2007

    That network interface works great!  I got it working between the real
    kernel and virtual kernel.  I tried to bridge it onto the real network
    interface so I could run dhclient from the virtual kernel, but it
    wasn't happy about that.  It might have just been the ifconfig
    command I tried to use:

	realkernel% ifconfig nfe0 addm tap0
	ifconfig: BRDGADD tap0: Invalid argument

    Later tonight I will try to get systat, vmstat, dmesg, and friends
    working.  The linked kernel doesn't generate a symbol list in the right
    place.  'ps' does work now, though.

    I am continuing to work on the remaining VM issues.  buildworld still
    gets memory corruption after a bit.