VKernel progress update - 10 Jan 2006

Sepherosa Ziehau sepherosa at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 18:23:00 PST 2007

On 1/12/07, Justin C. Sherrill <justin at shiningsilence.com> wrote:
On Thu, January 11, 2007 1:35 pm, Matthew Dillon wrote:

>     So, e.g. leave the -I option intact but add some features and optional
>     real-kernel-side IP configuration.  like this:
If we're going to have so many options, how about: '-I default' where it
automatically creates the bridge using the default gateway interface, and
creates the virtual interface using dhcp?  I'm assuming that will be the
most common case.
We may put the default setting in rc.conf files and use a rc script to
bring up the vkernel, so it will have the default setting decribed
above.
Best Regards,
sephe
--