1.8-RELEASE branched! HEAD is now 1.9! Official release on Monday.

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu Jan 25 11:45:33 PST 2007

    DragonFly 1.8 has been branched.  Any bug fixes will have to be committed
    to both branches. The HEAD branch is now 1.9!

    The branch tag is DragonFly_RELEASE_1_8 and the slip tag is
    DragonFly_RELEASE_1_8_Slip.  Any work should be done using the branch
    tag, not the slip tag.

    Final ISOs will be ready by Sunday and the release will occur Monday
    after the mirrors have had a chance to get them.  I would have liked
    to do that one day earlier but I have several other obligations on
    Saturday and Sunday.

    Please start building and testing 1.8!  Note that we will not be able
    to make major changes to the installer, so language and keyboard
    selection will probably still be broken (unless someone wants to take
    that issue under their wing over the next three days).

    I would like to get the packages included in the release updated,
    we are still using outdated 1.4 package binaries and that creates
    unneeded cruft in the pkgsrc database.  I will try to get them updated
    by Friday.  It should not effect testing though since those packages
    have minimal dependancies.

    I also intend to adjust the nrelease build to include a VKERNEL
    binary in addition to the normal kernel binary.  Virtual-kernel-to-go!

    SMP binaries will not be included on the ISO for this release... there
    too many unresolved issues there.  They will have to be built.

					    <dillon at backplane.com>