struct user, quo vadis?

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Feb 5 09:03:40 PST 2007

:hey,
:
:now only u_sigacts is used in struct user, and we don't support swapping =
:the kernel stack (that's what UPAGES is, right?) anyways anymore.  Could =
:we remove struct user then?  Or at least remove all those checks for swap=
:ped in processes to access data?
:
:cheers
:  simon

    Most of the checks are already gone.  The ones that remain are primarily
    needed to deal with processes that are in the middle of exiting or
    that are in a zombie state.

    But, generally speaking, yes... I'd love to get rid of the UPAGES junk
    entirely.

    I think there are still a few things in there, though.  I think the
    process stats and the PCB are still in there.  Not entirely sure.

					<dillon at backplane.com>