Plans for 1.8+ (2.0?)

Chris Csanady cc at 137.org
Thu Feb 1 09:57:45 PST 2007

2007/2/1, Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg at britannica.bec.de>:
On Thu, Feb 01, 2007 at 09:22:48AM -0500, c.turner wrote:
> Anyone have any insight why LFS was abandonded rather than being
> updated..
Huh? My laptop is running LFS right now...
It was my understanding that LFS suffered from an unsolved problem
with the cleaner.  As the filesystem fills up, there may no longer be
enough contiguous free space to run the cleaner, and that you may run
into a situation where you could deadlock your filesystem.  Even when
the filesystem is near full, there needs to be a deterministic method
for ensuring that this doesn't happen.
Has this been solved?

Chris