compiling NATA

Thomas E. Spanjaard tgen at netphreax.net
Fri Feb 23 11:32:10 PST 2007

Matthew Dillon wrote:
:> init: fatal error: segmentation fault
:> below string "Trying to mount root /dev/ad0s2a"
:Strange, could you post a backtrace?
    That sort of error is virtually guarenteed to be due to the disk
    driver not reading the data or reading the wrong data.  It is exactly
    what happens to me when I mess up a block number translation in a
    driver, or if biodone() is called without properly setting b_resid.
    My money is on b_resid, b_flags, and/or b_error not being set properly
    on I/O completion.
Still, I have 3 running systems with NATA where this sort of thing
doesn't show. I'll recheck the ad code just to be sure, but still some
more info from the victims would be nice.

Cheers,
--
        Thomas E. Spanjaard
        tgen at netphreax.net