Initial filesystem design synopsis.

Steve O'Hara-Smith steve at sohara.org
Thu Feb 22 01:32:38 PST 2007

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 14:22:16 -0800 (PST)
Matthew Dillon <dillon at apollo.backplane.com> wrote:

>     Plus, I need a name for this baby. I can't use DFS, however much I
>     want to, because the term is already over-used.

Clusterable Logless Unix Segmented Transactional Efficient Rewindable File
System

	CLUSTERFS :)

	Or perhaps just CUFS - Clusterable Unix File System.

	Or should there be some fatal flaw[1] lurking undiscovered in the
design it could become instead:

Dillon's Infinitely Snapshotable And Segmented Transactional Exabyte
Repository

	<g d+r>

[1] Unlikely given Matt's track record of course.