AMD64 Support

Ernesto Bascon ebasconp at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 07:18:57 PST 2007

I want to help porting DragonFly to AMD64 too, but there are a lot of
technical details that I am not able to handle right now.
Anyway, I am just preparing a development environment to checking out
the code and see how can it be ported.
Simon "corecode" Schubert and Thomas E. Spanjaard gave me a lot of
support about this topic several days ago, but I am really newbie and
have no the needed skills (yet) to work on something so "core" and
technical :( But I wanna help! :)

On 13/02/07, Justin C. Sherrill <justin at shiningsilence.com> wrote:
On Tue, February 13, 2007 6:13 am, km b wrote:

> There is no doubt that DragonFly is heading in the right direction for
> SMP support. Now that, I was very excited by the DragonFly project , I
> wanted to contribute to it and the particular area I am interested in
> is porting it to AMD64 platform. Infact, I specifically bought a
> laptop with AMD Turion 64 X2 processor to jump start into development.
>
> I just wanted to know is anybody currently working on AMD64 platform
> support. Or if any experienced hacker can provide me details or point
> me in the right direction on what is required, I'd be very thankful.
I don't think there's any active AMD64 work happening right now.  There's
some work that was done in the tree, though someone else hopefully knows
where.
Work on AMD64 would be great - it's one of the more common things that
gets asked about.